- Proto.io Dashboard and Editor are fully compatible with most browsers including Chrome, Safari, Firefox. Internet Explorer and Edge are not supported.
- Proto.io Web Player is fully compatible with WebKit browsers like Chrome and Safari. There are some incompatibility issues with Firefox (e.g. unable to preview screen transitions and animations).
- For maximum compatibility use Chrome or Safari.
- Minimum recommended screen size 1366x768.
The Proto.io Dashboard is the first screen you see when you log in to your Proto.io account. It provides overall access to your projects, your users, as well as your custom devices, subscription management, and branding options.
The Dashboard is organized into the following areas.
From this menu, you can navigate through your Proto.io projects, your users, and your custom devices. Under each one, you are given options to create new, or manage existing ones.
- Projects are your prototypes. (see Creating and Managing projects)
- Users are the people for whom you create accounts for collaborating, either as designers, admins, or reviewers (see Setting up users).
- Custom Devices are devices you define for use in your projects (see Creating a custom device for my project). Proto.io already has a default list of the most popular devices to choose from.
In this section, you can see the design plugins available for Proto.io users. Currently, the following are available:
- a design plugin for Photoshop to effortlessly use your Photoshop files in Proto.io
a design plugin for Sketch for seamlessly importing and using your Sketch files
Download the Proto.io app. The Proto.io App is a must-have to view your Proto.io prototypes on the actual mobile device for greater user experience.
This section is accessed by clicking on your name at the top right corner to open up a menu of options. All users regardless of their role (owner, designer, reviewer) can manage their profile (e.g. personal details, password, photo, etc). You can also switch between accounts in case you have more than one.
Account owners can also manage their account settings and access billing information.
Furthermore, there are options to edit company branding details, such as a logo or custom URL. Subscription plans and other billing-related information can be accessed here. Account owners can also cancel their subscription, close (delete) or park their account, as well as see previous payments made (see Billing Settings).
You can also sync with your Dropbox account to use all the assets you keep in one place (See more here).
Proto.io has a plethora of learning resources to help users achieve their goals. In the relevant Dashboard section, you have access to the ‘Editor Overview’ video and 'Essentials' series, a link to the Help Center and a link to easily submit a request to our Support team.
When you choose to EDIT a project from the Dashboard, the Proto.io Editor launches for you to design its interface. It is the Proto.io authoring environment. Learn more about the Editor in Editor Basics.
The Proto.io Player is used to preview your project as it would look like and behave like in the actual device. Learn more about the Player in Player - previewing your prototype.
The Proto.io App available for iOS and Android is for experiencing your prototype on the actual device. The Proto.io App brings your Proto.io projects to life. It allows you to use all the native gestures to interact with elements and makes full use of your screen estate. Learn more about the app and how to download it here.
Proto.io Spaces (https://spaces.proto.io/) is an interactive prototype gallery for you to showcase your work and get inspired by the work of others. Learn more about setting up Proto.io Spaces in your account and sharing on Proto.io Spaces.