Setting up your account with Dropbox
Connect Proto.io with your Dropbox account to enable seamless two-way syncing. You can then edit and save files to your local folder and later use them in Proto.io. A Dropbox account is required.
Here are the steps you need to follow to set up your account with Dropbox.
- Log in to your account and go to the Profile menu of your Dashboard (top right). Click on ‘Connect to Dropbox’.
- Click on ‘Connect to Dropbox’
- You will see a screen for you to enter your Dropbox account credentials. Then you will see that initially none of your projects will be synced with your Dropbox account. You can sync them easily by turning the relevant switch ON. You can also do the same from the individual project settings, or in the ‘New Project’ modal window.
What happens in Dropbox?
An ‘apps/Proto.io’ folder is created with a subfolder for each of your synced projects. There is also an ‘Account assets’ folder for assets shared between all your projects.
You can always disconnect from Dropbox later, by clicking on the ‘Dropbox’ menu item in your Dashboard and then ‘Disconnect’.
Enabling Proto.io Spaces for your account
Proto.io Spaces is an online community where you can showcase your Proto.io prototypes. You can easily set up your Spaces account by following the steps below:
- Go to ‘Proto.io Spaces’ at https://spaces.proto.io/.
- Sign in with your Proto.io credentials
- Click on the ‘setup your profile’ link in the welcome message.
- Fill out your profile form. This is to be used in Proto.io Spaces only. Complete at least the mandatory fields and then click on the ‘Complete profile and activate my Spaces account’ button at the bottom of the form. You can always come back and change your profile later.
- You are taken to your profile page. From here you can click on ‘Share your first project on Proto.io Spaces’ to select a project to share.
- Once you choose a project, it is brought into Spaces and you see a screen where you can edit a title, description, and thumbnail to be used in the Spaces gallery, visible to the public.
Switching between accounts
The same user can have access to many accounts, either as an owner, admin, designer or reviewer. You can switch between these accounts from the Dashboard, without needing to sign out and sign into a different account. You can do so by clicking on the ‘Switch Accounts’ option in the profile menu. A list of your accounts is shown for you to choose from. Once you do, your Dashboard is populated accordingly.